Book: BASIC PRINCIPLES AND
Author: HIMMELBLAU DAVID M.
Basic principles and calculations in chemical engineering 7th. This edition of the book provides introduction and practical to the students of all petroleum, environmental and chemical engineering.
It is a student-friendly book which contains all the specific information about the principles, the author highlights on the efficient methods of industry analyzing products.
It helps in organizing problem-solving solutions. The behavior of matter as gas-solid and liquid is clearly addressed. This also includes new chapters based on the unsteady state of materials. It consists of more topics that are found to be problem treating.
Basic principles and calculations in chemical engineering 7th edition features.
- It contains useful methods which help students use the emerging disciplines that are of urgent use.
- Rearranged into 29 chapters which help to learn and take help in an organized form.
- CD-Rom is thoroughly updated. Working equipment and checklist designed finely to simplify the learning processes.
- Introduces a new and latest coverage of limits of freedom, unsteady state materials, helps the student to focus on the new needy techniques in today’s world.
- A polymath software introduced to solve all linear, nonlinear equations. This helps in providing a strong software to solve all kind of chemical calculation accurately.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1- Dimensions, Units, and Their Conversion.
2- Moles, Density, and Concentration.
3- Choosing a Basis.
6- Introduction to Material Balances.
7- A General strategy for solving Material Balance Problems.
8- Solving Material Balance Problems for a single unit without reaction.
9- The Chemical Reaction Equation and Stoichiometry.
10- Material Balances for Processes Involving Reaction.
11- Material balance problems involving multiple units.
12- Recycle, bypass, purge and the industrial Application of material balances.
13- Ideal gases.
14- Real gases: compressibility.
15- Equations of state
16- Single component two-phase systems.
17- Two-phase-gas-liquid-systems.( saturation,condensation,vapourization)
18- Two-phase-gas-liquid-systems ( partial saturation and humidity)
19- Phase rule & vapor-liquid equilibria.
20- Liquids & gases in equilibrium with solids.
21- Energy: terminology, concepts & units.
22- Introduction to energy balances for processes without reactions.
23- Calculation of Enthalpy changes.
24- Applications of energy balances in the absence of chemical reaction.
25- Energy balances: how to account for a chemical reaction.
26- Energy balances that include the effects of a chemical reaction.
27- Ideal processes: Efficiency, the mechanical energy balance.
28- Heats of solution and mixing.
29- Humidity (psychrometric) charts and their uses.